Somehow last week slipped away from me and I never wrote my post…things happen!
Tom and I were standing in line at Michael’s picking up our Cricut Maker when he hopped out of line and whispered he would be right back. He returned a few minutes later with a standard white plastic mask— the kind that people often decorate for Mardi Gras. He knew that I have been looking to do a 3D paint pour for a few weeks now. This was the perfect surface to experiment with this new surface. I cannot even fully express how excited I am about how my mask turned out. It’s sitting on the side table here in The Oodlearium and I just LOVE it. I am trying to figure out how to properly display it…rather than the way it is currently leaning against and empty kombucha bottle. As soon as it dried, I knew that I wanted to use it for the 52 Frames Theme for the week.
I really want to write a whole post about the process of creating my image for this week, so I will keep this relatively short for now. I had a simple idea in mind. I wanted to have the mask against a unique background and I wanted to make the eyes look like they were glowing. To say the final product was an incredible labor of love would be an understatement. I took hundreds of images to make the final one and I pushed myself to learn a whole smattering of new tools in Photoshop. I was extremely excited when I looked at my image this morning on the 52 Frames site and learned that I had been selected as one of the 52 picks for the week. There were close to 3500 images in this week’s album, so I was absolutely tickled to be chosen.
I finally took the Cricut out of the box and started playing around with it. I am spatially challenged and it is going to take me quite a bit of time to figure out how the thing works, but I’m excited to add this tool into my toolbox.
The same day we picked up the mask, I picked up some wooden rabbits to paint. I definitely need to work on a process for them, but the two I did turned out cute. I have eight more to play around with, so I am sure I will improve over the next few weeks.
I have a bunch of canvases from when I first started pour painting that did not turn out how I had hoped. I figured the canvases were toast and I would have to just dump them…what a shame. Before I did that, I decided to try out doing a repour on them. I was pleasantly surprised that it worked. The color scheme on the first one was not ideal, but I am sure I could do it over again. The second one turned out great. I really like how the colors created a sand and ocean look.
I haven’t had a chance to work on any more CreativeBug classes, but hopefully soon.
Until next time, oodle on!